Our Family

Our Family

Friday, March 14, 2014

News!

It has been awhile since I have written and a lot has happened.
 
We spent Wednesday evening visiting with two ladies who live here and volunteer at Jet’s orphanage. It was wonderful to spend time with them. One of them has an amazing story of how she was adopted in America by a Chinese family. Such a beautiful story and the other Has been living here for almost two years teaching English, but is from Ohio and ironically has a brother who lives in Wenatchee. Thank you Mollie and Christie for taking time out of your day to spend with us!!
 
Ruiby had been fussy all day. She had been pointing at her shunt and fussing that it hurt. I had been worried about it, but then she started throwing up and from all I have learned about hydrocephalus I knew what I had to do. But I had Izzy txt Kristen for the push I needed to take her to a hospital here. It was late at night and our guide took me to a children’s hospital Lets just say it was an experience I am hoping to avoided the rest of the trip. They did a CT scan and an ultrasound to check her shunt function and how much fluid was on her brain. SHe does have fluid, but the doctor felt it was not an emergency and he could tell that her shunt was working. Praise God!! and thank you for your prayers!! We needed them!! She continued to fuss about it yesterday, but I am thinking she might have had a stomach bug also. She was back to her smiley self last night! Another praise God.
 
Because Ruiby was not well yesterday I stayed at the hotel with her and Jon, Izzy and Jet went with our guide to a really neat market. Later in the day when the kids took their nap Jon walked with me back down to the market so I could see it and Izzy stayed with babies.
 
We leave here today and start the last leg of this journey! We are so ready to be done and are starting to feel that tug in out hearts for home. We miss you all and our family that is at home! We miss our country home! One more week and we will be heading home.
 
Love to all!

2 comments:

  1. I follow your adventure with eager anticipation. The Lord bless you. Frank

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for all of the updates Teresa! We're praying for you and it is exciting to see how God is working!
    Mollie

    ReplyDelete