Our Family

Our Family

Friday, May 14, 2010

Another Day







Another day and I am missing my family something crazy!!!! I am having to dig real deep and pray often to make it through this day. I don't know if I have had more tears today or Lottie.

I Did a little bit of paperwork today, but that was about all that needed to be done today. My guide is doing a lot of running back and forth to the airport today to get the other families. I am looking forward to meeting them

We went for a long walk around the island and went into the White Swan H*tel to look at the waterfall and the fish. Lottie wanted to get in the water so we didn't stay long. They also have beautiful carvings there. On our walk we stopped by and talked with my new friend I asked her if I could take her picture so you all could see her too. So she wanted to take my picture. It took both of us to figure out how her camera worked. She is so funny.

Lottie has taken two steps backward today. She has had a lot of tantrums and even decided to try peeing on mommy to see if that would let her get her way. She quickly learned peeing doesn't work either. So no hug or kisses from my girl today. We will try again tomorrow!!!! As the day has started to come to an end she is at least letting me hold her again. So a little bit of progress. This little girl is not going to make it easy on her mama we are going to have to work hard on this relationship. Her little heart is very broken and four days isn't going to make it all better. It may take four weeks, four months, four years but one thing is for sure I am her mama and I am not going anywhere!!!

Love to you all,
Teresa

1 comment:

  1. Bonding definitely takes time. Poor Lottie, her little world is turned upside down! And poor Mama, not to have family there to share the load. We're praying for a better day tomorrow, for strength, patience, wisdom for you, and peace and comfort for you both.

    ReplyDelete