Our Family

Our Family

Thursday, May 13, 2010

Hi There, My heart was broken into 200 pieces today for the ones left behind!!!! But the picture (to come later)of the empty bed says it all!!!! Never again will my daughters name be on that bed!!!

We started the morning out with a very happy little girl!! She was all smiles and lots of singing!! We left early to go to her orphanage She did good on the car ride but, as we got out of the car and she saw the lady who had brought her to me her body got stiff and she started biting her hand. I kept telling her I loved her. She bit her hand the whole time we were there. They allowed me to see all the rooms and the room where she stayed. A group of children were just coming in to lay down for nap. They were in a nice line until they saw me and they all started running for me and holding onto my legs I tried to touch and hug as many as I could. The last little one in the line just stood there looking at me. I will never forget the look in her eyes. If I could have put her in my back pack and brought her home too I would have. I even got to see the babies under six months. They were all so cute!! One little sweetheart with a cleft lip was looking at me so I touched his sweet little hand and he gave me the biggest smile He stole a piece of my heart right then and there and I left it with him. I pray his forever family finds him very soon!!! Lottie was very quiet the whole time and would not talk to anyone. She would go to her nannies to hold but then look back at me. I am sure she thought I had brought her back to stay. After we got into the car and started to drive away she said bye bye and then laid her head in my lap and fell asleep. Since we have come back to the room she has been back to the happy and singing little girl that she was this morning. She was even blowing kisses to daddy when we talked to him tonight and I got another kiss. She is calling me mama more and more this afternoon. I think she knows now that I am not going anywhere.

We had her TB test read when we got back. I was a little nerves about it as it was red and a little raised. But, they said it was fine and we were good to go!!! Praise God!! The rest of the families in our group will be coming tomorrow. I am looking forward to meeting them all.

My life is forever changed by what I did today. I can not be silent, I will be a voice for the voiceless children who long for a forever family. Their little faces will forever be etched in my heart and mind. I thank God for the wonderful people that cared for our girl and for the children who remain.

That’s all for now.

Love and hugs to you all.

Teresa

1 comment:

  1. I so appreciate reading each of your posts. What a heart wrenching experience - although it was difficult for Lottie, in the long run, I think it was a good thing to visit her SWI. Not only does she realize you are not leaving her, but now you have more information to share with her as she gets older. Great news on the TB test, another hurdle passed!

    ReplyDelete