Our Family

Our Family

Monday, May 10, 2010

Hi there, I wanted to share a little more about GOTCHA day.
There were 60 families getting their children today as well. Lottie was late, do to the bad weather, so I got to watch all these families get their children. It was extremely emotional to see. So many scared children. There were two families who adopted older children. The older girl came running to her family saying "Mama! Baba!" then she hugged them and hugged them. Everyone who watched was crying, even the guides. The other little girl who was about seven years old walked up to her family and gave her mama and baba each a kiss. She had smiles the whole time. There were others, though, who were not so happy, and soon the room was full of screaming children.

Lottie walked into the mess about an hour into it. I knew it was her right away. I could tell she was scared. She walked over to me but when they tried to make her come to me the tears started to fall. Mama mode kicked in and there was no crying time for me, as she needed me to be very strong. Food did the trick and as soon as I pulled out the fruit snacks the tears stopped.
She cried when the orphanage director left, but that was it. I had her laughing before we got back to our room. They took her away from her foster family about a week ago and said that was very hard for her. Her best friend was also adopted a couple weeks ago by another American family. So many changes in her little life.

So far I can not tell that there is anything wrong with her hip. You can not tell by looking at her, and she runs and climbs and walks fine so we will just have to see what the doctors say.

Here are some things I know about her all ready -

She loves to laugh!!!
She loves to tease!!!
She has the most beautiful eyes!!!
She is such a brave little girl!!!
She is one smart cookie!!!
She is going to keep me on my toes!!!
She loves ketchup!!!
And she has stolen my heart!!! It is such an honor to be her mama.

I will write again soon.

Love to you all.

Teresa

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for writing. We are standing by for every update.... What a blessing she is already.


    from my post of duty on the bathroom floor. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for sharing. I'm all teary eyed, and praying for all of those 60 children and their families. It amazes me how resilient these little ones are.

    ReplyDelete