Our Family

Our Family

Sunday, May 16, 2010

Trips to the market and other adventures...


Lottie wasn't sure what to think of these
kittens


A man selling olives

My guide Emma


tiger claws



dried snakes


dried turtles


roses


the saint bernard puppy




some very hot bunnies








Hi everyone, today we went to the market it was very interesting. There were so many weird things there for sale. They had tiger claws that you make some kind of soup out of for some kind of sickness. They had dried snakes, turtles, bugs and lots of herbs and flowers. There were good smells there and real bad smells. We also went to the pet market. There was the cutest saint bernard puppy there. I don't think he would make a very good pet for the city though. Then we made our way to the shopping street. There were so many people there!!! I miss my country home!!! I am not a city girl. Lottie must not like lots of people either because she freaked out and started screaming and there was nothing I could do for her she didn't want to walk or be held or be in a stroller. She wanted to lay down in the middle of the street and kick and scream. Everyone was looking at me and who knows what they were thinking. I didn't really care. I just needed to get my girl to calm down. I finally bought her some juice and that got her mind off of what ever had set her off.

Lottie continues to grieve every time she lays down to sleep and when she wakes up. We are making progress though. I am hoping we will have gotten through most of the grieving before we head home as that could make for a VERY LONG trip home and some not so happy travelers on our flight. Please continue to pray for her broken heart!!! and for wisdom for me.

Love and prayers,
Teresa

2 comments:

  1. Our entire family looks forward to reading your new posts. We pray for Lottie and your family every day. Lottie is so lucky to have you giving her unconditional love and lots of cuddles. Carley

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can just imagine the sights and smells . . . You and Lottie continue to be in our prayers.

    ReplyDelete