Our Family

Our Family

Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Home Sweet Home

Hi there, I know you all have been wondering where I have been and if I made it home. The answer is yes I am home and so very glad!!!!

We started out our jorney home at about 2 pm when we had to check out of our room. We then spent four hours sitting in the play room at our hotel. We left for the airport at 6 and boarded our plane at 8:15. We then sat on the runway for almost 4 hours because of a bad storm. Then had a 13 hour flight home. We arrived about 10 or 10:30 and had to go through imagrations and have Lottie's paperwork processed. I missed my flight home so went to Alaska Airlines to check in so I could leave at 6:20 am they said I could not check in until 4 am by then it was midnight they said I could sit over in the chairs until check in time. I had, had it by then and called Jon and cried right there in their lobby. I finally got my self together and remembered that in the international departure section there was a McDonald's so that is were I spent the next four hours. At 4 am I went to check in Lottie had done good up until this point and decided to throw a HUGE tantrum. She was done and so was I. Everyone was staring at us and finally some lady said " Crying isn't going to make it any better". I said to her " If you had just gone through what she has you would be crying too. I told her I felt like scream too." she didn't say anything else. We finally arrived in Seattle Sunday morning at 8:40 am I was so glad to be home and to see my family!!! Lottie is doing good. She loves her brothers and sisters and her daddy and is very happy. She is having a little trouble at night so I am still not getting much sleep. but we will get there. That's all for now.

Hugs from Home!!!!
Teresa

4 comments:

  1. Well, well. I am so glad you are back. I was beginning to wonder. I had not heard one word - nothing about if you had made it home. Was afraid to call and wake you up or something. call if you ever get a chance

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Teresa we had a horrible trek home too!! Thankfully we all made home eventually. Maria is doing very well...we're off to the doctor's office today. God is good and we can rest assured he made these children for us!

    With love from NH
    Kitty

    ReplyDelete
  3. Welcome Home!!! I heard from a couple people you were back and adjusting. I know how horrible jet lag is, especially with a little one! So we've still been praying for you! Sorry to hear the trip home was so stressful and long - I don't blame you or Lottie for losing it! Glad that is finally over for you, and dreading it for us . . . But there will be two adults to commiserate, so it shouldn't be as bad . . . Our Article 5 was picked up yesterday, and we got updates on Ami today, so I'm floating on cloud 9!!!! I'll post NEW pics later tonight on our website.

    God Bless,
    Merrie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh Teresa, I am so sorry to hear about your flights home and how awful the whole thing was. I wish all the more we could have headed home together.
    So glad to hear Miss Lottie is loving her family and doing well at home.
    Keep us posted and we'll have to meet the rest of your family very soon. Gary is very excited about maybe riding with all your boys. BTW Gavin was home 2 days and on a motorcycle. He loves it!

    ReplyDelete