Our Family

Our Family

Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Hey Everyone!!!!

Hi everyone sorry for the delay. Was going to update after Lottie went to bed, but I fell asleep too.

Today was a better day. Not as many tears, but she was very sad. Not many smiles from her today. But, I did get my first kiss!!! Just one and no more but I will take it!!!! She did want me to hold her and would climb up in my lap to be cuddled from time to time. When bed time came around the silent tears came again. It breaks my heart to watch her go through this pain.

Yesterday, she had her doctor visit and shots and after that was over we went back to our room where she slept for 12 hours!! I kept checking to make sure she was breathing. The poor thing was just warn out from all that she has been through. She does have a red area where they gave her, her TB shot but, it is not raised so I am hoping that is good and we won't have to have the x-ray today.

We went to the police station to have her picture taken and receive some very special papers that we will need for her visa next week. I had to pray the whole time we were driving there that God would send down many angels to protect us from the crazy traffic. We did a little shopping and found these beautiful flowers to take a picture by. I have made friends with a Chinese women who has a shop near by she saw me out by the flowers and came to take our picture. She is so sweet and gives me things all the time. I like her and so I have done a lot of my shopping in her store. She asked me to read her a letter that a woman from the US had sent her that she did not understand all the words and wanted me to explain them to her. I told her I had a fried coming to adopt a little girl in a few weeks and I would tell them to come to her shop. She was so happy.

The weather today has hot and a lot more humid. There was no storms today but, we have been getting a lot of thunderstorms it reminds me of Mago. Except there you could watch the clouds roll in here there is to much smog.

Today I have been invited to visit Lottie's orphanage. It is about an hour and a half away. I know that this could be very hard for Lottie as her foster family took her back there a little over a week ago. So she may think that is what I am doing. I will let you all know how that goes when we return.

Thank you all for your prayers!! we need them.

Love,
Teresa

1 comment:

  1. Praying that the orphanage visit goes well. For some kids, I hear it is a positive thing, a way of saying goodbye to the past, and realizing that she is now with you. But, having been with a foster family, it may be totally different. We'll just keep praying! You'll have to tell me where the Lady's shop is! Are you on Shamian Island?

    ReplyDelete