Our Family

Our Family

Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Mama's silly girl!!!



The mom who has been praying for Lottie





It has been a day of joy and tears. We started off the day with having to go back to the same building I got Lottie from yesterday. As soon as we entered I could feel her body stiffen and see fear in her eyes. There was one other family there yesterday who I had seen yesterday receive their daughter. She is four years old and had cried and screamed a lot. The lady asked me how old Lottie is and then she said, "You know, she looks like a little girl named Abby from Rainbow Kids!" I told her that Lottie was the same girl and tears began to form in her eyes. She called to her husband and told him and then told me how they had been praying for her and they had her picture and they had considered adopting her months before we even knew about her! She knew it was God who had brought us together this week. I think it is amazing how God works. His perfect timing! She told me she was sorry we had had to wait but God knew that she needed to meet me and meet Lottie.

We were at this building for about an hour and this is where Lottie became Lottie Mei XiYan Tall! They asked me why I wanted so many children. I told them it is my job. I am a mom. There is no better job than that. He smiled and said "Okay, you are done." and she became our daughter!
Lottie has been doing a lot of grieving today. My heart breaks for her little broken heart.

She has gone through so much in the past few weeks and to add to it she had her doctor appointment today. She did great until they gave her shots but I'm rejoicing because she only had to have two! And a TB test. It could have been so much worse. My guide took her in to have her shots so she wouldn't be angry with me. The doctor examined her hip and could not see or feel anything wrong with it! I'm so excited that she may NOT have to have surgery!!!
Please pray that her TB test comes back negative. The doctor said that her lungs sounded fine but if it's positive they'll have to do a chest x-ray.

That's all for now. Blessings to you all.

Teresa

5 comments:

  1. I know you aren't reading the comments while you are in China :-) But I just wanted you to know we are praying for you and Lottie. There's always a sad side of adoption... but there will be healing in the end.

    ReplyDelete
  2. She is beautiful and I can tell she is full of spirit!! We will continue to pray for Lottie and her forever family. Carley Bjorklund

    ReplyDelete
  3. She's beautiful and you look so happy! We are enjoying your blog while you are gone! We can't wait to meet her...and to have you both home. Our prayers are with you.........KM

    ReplyDelete
  4. It is wonderful to see the pictures of the two of you. I have been enjoying the posts and all of us are praying for the two of you.

    I am so glad to hear that Lottie might not need surgery on her hip. God is wonderful, and holds a special place in His heart for her!!

    Praying that you stay well and strong thru your stay in China.

    Jeanne & Family

    ReplyDelete
  5. What an answer to prayer to meet Lottie's "prayer warrior!" You KNOW that God orchestrated your meeting and it wasn't just chance! How awesome! We continue to pray for Lottie as she is grieving, but we also know that this is good. It means she was attached, and will have an easier time attaching to you in the long run. (If you can't tell, I'm currently reading a book on toddler adoption and attachment and bonding issues, etc.) So glad to hear she only needed 2 shots!

    ReplyDelete