Our Family

Our Family

Saturday, May 15, 2010

Progress!!!!!!











First of all I want to thank you all for the comments!! I can not read them, but Jon reads them to me everyday. Your words are such an encouragement to me and it is so nice knowing that I have a prayer team lifting us up in prayer. Thank you so much. Also I have to say thank you to the ones who are taking such good care of my family!!! You are so needed. I will never be able to repay you for all you have done.

We have finally turned a corner!!! Thanks to a very bad thunderstorm last night. Lottie finally decided she needed me and opened her little broken heart to her mama. She was so scared from the storm she clung to me for an hour and went to sleep in my arms. I thought maybe everything would go back to the way it had been when she woke this morning, but no, she cuddled right up to me and has been snuggling with me off and on all day. She has been a lot happier today too and no silent tears when she went down for nap.

We went back to our favorite french fry place Lucy's. Lottie loves ketchup she eats it on everything even lemons. She reminds me of someone. Oh yes my good friend Jenel!!!!

We went for a long walk again today around the Island. It was very humid since it had rained so hard in the night. We saw lots of groups of people some were singing and Lottie loves music she wanted to stop and listen to them sing. Others were doing their morning exercise, some were playing hacky sack and others were playing some kind of board game. It is so much fun to watch them doing all these things out in the park. We also met the other families in our group. There are four of us all together. One family is from Washington and we share the same social worker. All the families are very nice and I look forward to getting to know them better.

One more week until we come home and I can't wait for you all to meet our beautiful and courageous daughter.

Hugs to you all!!

Teresa

2 comments:

  1. So great to hear about snuggles and being a happier girl. We'll pray that the trust just keeps developing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I must meet this little girl!!! Her and I are kindred spirits.....I feel it already! So glad to hear that things are going better. Praying for you often. Love you! Jene

    ReplyDelete